Monday, April 13, 2009

Off to the Races - Easter Day



With Gramma Sharon, the three boyz, Andrea and Tracy, Al and I had a fun day at the horse races! We arrived in plenty of time to get great seats - and it was "Dollar Day" so all the food we wanted at $1 each!



We got great a box seat with seven chairs and lots of room. We were right on the finish line, and above the stables where the jockey and horses were prepared for the race. That way we could check out the horses before we headed up to turn in our bets.



It was an absolutely beautiful day - warm and sunny with a slight cool breeze!



BayLee was a little down on his luck and out of money. I was going to be the next one to run out of money, but I had a good hunch on the next race - I thought I new which three would come in on top. The problem is that I had no confidence in placing them in order. So, I enlisted BayLee in putting them in order for me. He told me what order, and I told him that if we won, I would share the winnings. Bottom line is that together we won $160!!! He was in seventh heaven when I gave him his half.



Drew wanted to give it a try with me. So we took our $6 up and bet the same sort of trifecta boxed (that means we didn't have to take the risk of putting the winning horses in any sort of order - but the payoff wouldn't be as great). The problem was that we weren't as lucky this time around....it was a good lesson for Drew, BayLee and Papa!



We all left the races feeling like we had a pretty fun day. On the way home, Tracy took us up to a site where we could overlook the city - oh my it was so beautiful - much prettier than these pictures show. My lesson here was NOT to take pictures with the camera facing the sun! Even if the view is pretty from that direction!






It was a fabulous end to a wonderful day. My only wish is that if it could have been shared with My Oregon family!

No comments: